Thursday, August 25, 2022

Unstuck

Unstuck

Colossians 1: 19 For it was by God's own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God. 20 Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son's blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven.

 

============

 

After years of dedication and hard work, I was told “the position is being eliminated.” Handing me an award for the best team added insult to injury. I could not concentrate during the final days. So much of my identity was tied up in work.

 

  • I was stuck on “my” accomplishments.
  • I was stuck on trying to make sense out of something that made no sense.
  • I was stuck trying to see if I made mistakes, so I spent hours replaying words, actions and thoughts.

 

GOD the FATHER gives the ultimate example of moving forward, according to Paul’s letter. HE showed unmatched restraint by allowing the creation to senselessly murder and blame the creator. HE decided to reconcile versus destroy everyone and everything.

 

My Observations

  • GOD provides me with a way to become unstuck when I get stuck in the past.
  • GOD’s example of forgiveness is something I can obtain when I ask for it.
  • GOD can help me to let go, especially when I relapse into pitying my circumstance.

 

“Forgive and forget” seems impossible when I am stuck. I mean, when I replay past hurts over and over and over again, I get stuck in a loop where there is no room for forgiveness. BUT GOD wants me out of the loop.

 

HE picks me up out of the hole of unforgiveness and moves me forward. HE gives me words of peace and reconciliation through the SON and enables me to serve those who threw poison darts at me. I am glad I can let go of seeing “punishment” and turn to GOD’s example of hoping everyone knows JESUS in a saving way.

 

Challenge

  • What human intervention does the writer mention, if any?
  • Have you ever been stuck in hurt or cannot see a way out of your situation?
  • Will you follow GOD’s example and decide to move forward regardless of past or current circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment