Monday, August 1, 2022

Learned Satisfaction

Learned Satisfaction

Philippians 4: 12 I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. 13 I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

 

============

 

Tired of being poor, I sat and pouted. “Why do ‘bad’ people seem to get their way in life?” was my complaint to GOD. After my complaint, my car broke down. “This isn’t fair!” I complained.

 

  • I was not satisfied with my life.
  • Most of my thoughts and words were on problems in my life.
  • “Everything” seemed bleak and I was not satisfied with the way things were.

 

At one time Paul was not content. He read the Law with fervor and was discontent with how other people lacked his conviction. He had people murdered because of his discontentment. GOD had to teach him a new way. He learned how to be content.

 

My Observations

  • Being in need has a purpose with GOD that I sometimes do not understand.
  • Having plenty can be dangerous because I can quickly forget I need GOD.
  • Being content when I am in need or have plenty takes practice and is a gift given only from GOD.

 

Contentment is detestable to those who are never satisfied. I mean, if things have to go a certain way, those who are discontent will never reach satisfaction. After a while, even GOD cannot provide enough.

 

My discontentment can be detestable to GOD. Fortunately, HE understands. HE gently takes things away that I do not need and gives me an opportunity to say “Thank YOU for all YOU have done.” HE gives me things and I can say “Thank YOU for all YOU have done.” Yes it is the same statement because everything is HIS. I am glad HE gives me chances to learn how to be content.

 

Challenge

  • How long do you think it took the writer to learn how to be content?
  • Are there parts of your life that you are not satisfied with?
  • Do you have complaints, worries or are dissatisfied with anything or anyone?
  • Will you learn from GOD how to be satisfied in your situation, so you can be satisfied with other people HE wants to save today?

No comments:

Post a Comment