Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Hope Never Lost

Hope Never Lost

Colossians 1:When the true message, the Good News, first came to you, you heard about the hope it offers. So your faith and love are based on what you hope for, which is kept safe for you in heaven.

 

============

 

Special mementos were something I dragged around through life. One box contained pictures, cards and other items from my childhood through adult life. One day I would look at these items with fond memories, I thought. Unfortunately, the box got wet and moldy in transport from one place to the next. I had to toss everything.

 

  • I wanted to hold onto that stuff.
  • I labeled these items as special and wanted to keep them at all costs.
  • I was unable to keep the items safe and they were lost anyway.

 

Paul admires those who have placed their faith in the Good News about JESUS when they heard about it. Since the Good News offers hope that cannot be tarnished, stolen or damaged by anything on earth, placing hope in this was the right move.

 

My Observations

  • GOD has a special place for me that is far greater than this earth.
  • My hope is based on the Good News of JESUS being raised from the dead.
  • Nothing can steal, tarnish, dent, rip, crack, blotch, tear or ruin the rewards GOD has for me.

 

Shortsightedness makes me think things in this world can be special. I mean, material things like houses, cars, tech, clothes, art, jewelry and other items can sometimes make me temporarily feel special, but can be lost.

 

Since the world’s pleasures are temporary, I fall into a trap of a lifelong pursuit that ends up being hopeless. BUT GOD provides a remedy. “Let it go” is what HE says. Anything that cannot be taken into heaven is not worth losing my soul over. HE wants me to care about my relationship with JESUS and do the same for others. I am glad I can place my hope in something that will be eternally available.

 

Challenge

  • What “hope” is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever placed your hope in something or someone and it or they got damaged?
  • Do you have regrets in missing some event or thing?
  • Will you learn about the Good News of CHRIST so you can place your hope in what HE has done for you and so you can see other people need to hear HIS wonderful message today?

No comments:

Post a Comment