Thursday, August 18, 2022

Ambition

Ambition

Colossians 1: For this reason we have always prayed for you, ever since we heard about you. We ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will, with all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives. 10 Then you will be able to live as the Lord wants and will always do what pleases him. Your lives will produce all kinds of good deeds, and you will grow in your knowledge of God.

 

============

 

After a taste of “success” I wanted more. I figured I could “help” more people if I obtained a certain title. I worked day and night climbing the ladder of “success.” While I was working, I was too busy to help those who I intended to help.

 

  • I was blinded by ambition.
  • I thought the title was more important than my actions.
  • I believed I knew what could help people.

 

Paul indirectly addressed the human will. He knew humans could be blinded by the world’s ambitions, justifying selfish actions along the way. There was only one way to please GOD, namely be filled.

 

My Observations

  • Knowledge of GOD is important for me to seek.
  • Wisdom from GOD helps me with discernment.
  • Understanding from GOD provides me with better actions to help me grow.

 

Ambition is a very deceptive foe. I mean, on the surface it looks quite innocent and the world loves an ambitious hero. BUT GOD’s will speaks softly and will not compete with the human will. HE, unfortunately, allows us to try to reach our desires, which HE knows can take us off HIS path.

 

BUT GOD is forgiving and wants us to succeed. When I empty myself and allow HIM to “fill” me up, I can please HIM through HIS wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I am glad GOD enables me to produce HIS fruit.

 

Challenge

  • What good deeds is the writer speaking of?
  • What does “growth in GOD” look like?
  • Will you seek GOD’s will so HE can give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding to do “good deeds” that are pleasing to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment