Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Special Delivery

Special Delivery

Philippians 4: 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

 

============

 

Looking in my mailbox, I received a note that was unusual for me. “Pick up your package at the front desk” it said. It did not have a return address so it was from someone in the dorm. It had gifts in it.

 

  • I was delighted.
  • I felt great receiving something unexpected.
  • I did not know I needed what was in the package.

 

Paul received many care packages from the people in Philippi. While he was spreading the Gospel, they supported his needs with many packages. Epaphroditus was the delivery person who spent time keeping the packages safe.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants my heart open to become a supplier of needs.
  • GOD sends me to deliver packages from others when I cannot provide them myself.
  • GOD has plenty to give and HE wants me to be a distributor.

 

For many years I thought this passage was about getting stuff. I mean, GOD supplying all “Y” needs sounds cool. But it seems like the sweet aroma to GOD was from those who gave or supported people who were spreading the Gospel. Giving is often overlooked in this passage because I usually want more.

 

Having enough is a strange concept. It means I am thankful for the little I have. It also means I can give someone some of what I have and GOD will be pleased. I gladly will become a delivery person when I don’t have much to give but when I  do, I will give to those in need.

 

Challenge

  • What aroma does the writer speak of?
  • What needs do you have?
  • Will you supply someone’s needs today or become a delivery person if you have nothing to give?

No comments:

Post a Comment