Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Important Task

Important Task

Colossians 1: 25 And I have been made a servant of the church by God, who gave me this task to perform for your good. It is the task of fully proclaiming his message, 26 which is the secret he hid through all past ages from all human beings but has now revealed to his people.

 

============

 

When given a project to do, I accepted it, not knowing others were available. But when I found out there were more glamorous projects that were higher visibility to those in power, I questioned my menial project.

 

  • I wanted something “I” could be known for.
  • I wanted those in power to desire “my” expertise.
  • I wanted to eventually move “up” so I needed to work on important

 

Paul speaks of GOD’s highly important task of spreading the Gospel. This message was hidden for a long time and has been revealed to HIS people. Paul accepted this task to perform.

 

My Observations

  • Spreading the Gospel is not glamorous, but is the most important thing I can do for GOD.
  • Telling people that our sins have been forgiven by JESUS who loves us, may seem less important, but is the utmost importance to GOD.
  • Providing eternal hope to people may seem like a waste of time, But GOD wants every one of HIS creation’s to believe in JESUS as the Savior.

 

Let’s face it, serving GOD is not glamorous. I mean, if it were, then you would have more celebrities doing it. Instead, the world tries to determine what messages are “important.” GOD sees when HIS message has been spread and rewards those who do so.

 

HE and all of heaven cheer when one person gives his or her heart to GOD. Eternity with GOD through the belief in JESUS is the most important message I could ever proclaim. I gladly accept this task.

 

Challenge

  • What task is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever felt your gift or talent was mundane or not so glamorous?
  • Will you speak about JESUS and know you are extremely important to GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment