Thursday, September 1, 2022

All Peoples

 

All Peoples

Colossians 1: 27 God's plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples. And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God. 28 So we preach Christ to everyone. With all possible wisdom we warn and teach them in order to bring each one into God's presence as a mature individual in union with Christ. 29 To get this done I toil and struggle, using the mighty strength which Christ supplies and which is at work in me.

 

============

 

Growing up in a neighborhood that was not diverse, I heard about GOD loving the entire world. But I could not imagine HE meant those who did not look like me or those who chased me out of their neighborhood because I did not look like them.

 

  • I started thinking it would be easier to speak about GOD to those who looked like me.
  • I made up excuses in my mind with reasons for not going to other races with GOD’s message of hope and love.
  • I said to myself “one group of people have struggled so doesn’t that count for me to focus on that one group?”

 

Paul explains that GOD’s secret has been revealed through the resurrection of JESUS who now lives in all who believe. The Good news doesn’t stop there. It also means sharing in the glory of GOD!. So, he used all of his time and best thinking to reach any and every one he could reach.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s message of love is not for exclusion rather to reach all peoples.
  • Since the HOLY SPIRIT lives “inside” me, HE is not looking at the external rather what is in my heart.
  • Whatever is important to GOD should be important to me.

 

Reaching “all peoples” is important to GOD. I mean, even though humans find many ways to show just how different we all are, GOD wants us to unite. But how? It seems like politically, socially and religiously humans are doomed to separation. Fortunately GOD took care of that too.

 

When JESUS died, HE said “It is finished” meaning nothing else is left to be done. All who seek salvation can be saved. The ability is now available for all peoples. It is now up to us to tell “everyone” about JESUS without hinderance. I am glad GOD cares about all races and wants “everyone” to know about HIS SON.

 

Challenge

  • What valuable message is the writer speaking of?
  • How much do you value the message of salvation?
  • Will you examine what you say every day and check to see if you can add the Good News about JESUS to more of your conversations?
  • Will you also drop any barriers to speaking to other races about JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment