Monday, September 12, 2022

Unfavorable Record Canceled

Unfavorable Record Canceled

Colossians 2: 13 You were at one time spiritually dead because of your sins and because you were Gentiles without the Law. But God has now brought you to life with Christ. God forgave us all our sins; 14 he canceled the unfavorable record of our debts with its binding rules and did away with it completely by nailing it to the cross. 15 And on that cross Christ freed himself from the power of the spiritual rulers and authorities; he made a public spectacle of them by leading them as captives in his victory procession.

 

============

 

Receiving a phone call from the credit collection agency did not feel good. “You owe us $54 from three years ago” was the statement from one group. “For real?” I thought in my mind.

 

  • I did not even know I had the debt.
  • I was furious that the collection agency was relentless with such a small amount.
  • I had to pay the debt because I owed it.

 

Paul speaks in terms most people can understand. He gives the analogy of debt, knowing most people could understand owing someone. He spoke of eternal debt that could not be repaid. The only solution was to forgive the debt by “nailing it to the cross.”

 

My Observations

  • I am in great debt to GOD and need to be forgiven.
  • I have sinned in a small way and a huge way and need a Savior to forgive me.
  • I am forgiven for all my sins only because of JESUS.

 

Being spiritually dead mean I had no life in me to fix the problem of my relationship with GOD. I mean, I was dead! I needed help and could not do anything but lay three dead and lifeless. BUT GOD had a different plan.

 

HE saw my sins that caused me to die a spiritual death and said, “Your debt to me is canceled!” He said “You owe me everything and since you believe in MY SON, you owe me nothing.” All I can do is thank HIM for HIS total forgiveness. I am glad JESUS knows my sins, took them away from me and made the sin itself a “public spectacle” HE parades in HIS victory procession.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever been so sick that you needed other people to help you do things?
  • What does the writer mean about being “spiritually dead?”
  • Will you recognize that there is nothing within you that can save you from eternal death?
  • Will you also recognize the need to have all your debts canceled by JESUS who is already victorious over all sin today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment