Friday, September 16, 2022

Life Focus

 

Life Focus

Colossians 3: You have been raised to life with Christ, so set your hearts on the things that are in heaven, where Christ sits on his throne at the right side of God. Keep your minds fixed on things there, not on things here on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Your real life is Christ and when he appears, then you too will appear with him and share his glory!

 

============

 

Tired of broken down cars, raggedy clothing and cheap food, I sought a career that would afford me a “better” life. When I got into that career, I found myself working incredible hours and being sent wherever they wanted me to go. I could now afford plenty, but my time was dictated to me.

 

  • I had no time for other people.
  • I had no time to provide a cup of water to my relatives or neighbors.
  • I had no time to speak about CHRIST or to show HIS generosity.

 

Paul provides a remedy to the problems of the world. He tells everyone to “set your hears on the things that are in heaven.” He also says “Keep your minds fixed on the things there, not things here on earth.” Being raised with CHRIST means a “hidden life” that will be manifested later.

 

My Observations

  • Focusing in on things here on earth can many times have me think there is no hope, BUT GOD wants me to focus on HIM.
  • Seeing all the trouble that is around me can appear like crashing waves in an endless ocean, BUT GOD wants my eyes fixed on JESUS and HIS deliverance.
  • Trying to address the current trial with my own power makes me want to give up, BUT GOD wants me to see HIS kingdom and me in it.

 

Seeing GOD is hard when life has trouble. I mean, when money is tight, jobs are scarce, and help is absent, it seems like the only question that is valid is “Where are YOU GOD?” “Don’t YOU see this mess?” BUT GOD remains calm in the middle of my cry.

 

HE knows humans are limited in their thinking and would easily fall into temptation to not follow HIM, so HE hid our lives from the enemy so we would not get stolen. This mean our current life is fake. Our “real life is CHRIST”, who will one day appear and we will appear with HIM. I place my trust in GOD who raises my thinking above the current trial.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer talk about the heart and the mind?
  • Where are your biggest worries?
  • Have you examined your heart to see what your largest focus is?
  • Will you give what is in your heart to GOD and keep your mind focused on HIS kingdom so you can be raised above your current and future trials today?

No comments:

Post a Comment