Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Resolute

Resolute

Colossians 2: I tell you, then, do not let anyone deceive you with false arguments, no matter how good they seem to be. For even though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, and I am glad as I see the resolute firmness with which you stand together in your faith in Christ.

 

============

 

Wanting to grow, I listened to “successful” people. One person on the rise gave me some advice that seemed a little off, but what did I know. It turns out, this person ended up being fired for fraud.

 

  • I did not know who to believe.
  • I tried to go on instinct but wasn’t getting anywhere.
  • I listened to people who I thought had it together, but it turned out that they had flaws.

 

Paul gives a stern warning about people who are deceivers. These people provided very convincing false arguments that seemed to be good at the time. Paul commends those who had “resolute firmness” as they decided to stand for CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • Seeking human wisdom can sometimes get me in trouble, but GOD never fails me.
  • Getting advice from people who do not believe in JESUS may lead me away from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have absolute resolve in my belief in JESUS.

 

No turning back, is a term used to illustrate going down a path and not returning back to the beginning of the path. When I decided to believe in JESUS, this was a one way path. All troubles, trials and tribulations  I face on the path should not turn me away from JESUS. Unfortunately there have been many times when I felt like giving up on HIM.

 

My walk was not as firm when I fell into temptation or when another path seemed “greener.” I would go with the flow of human advice and wind up in worse shape than the path I was supposed to be on. Fortunately for me, GOD welcomes me back to HIS path. HE picks me up and gives me resolve to follow HIM no matter what.

 

Challenge

  • What deception do you think the writer is speaking of?
  • Have you ever wanted something that you knew was “wrong”, yet you pursued it anyway?
  • Will you seek the one and only truth from which you can base all your decisions, namely believing in JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment