Thursday, September 22, 2022

Next Level

Next Level

Colossians 3: 13 Be tolerant with one another and forgive one another whenever any of you has a complaint against someone else. You must forgive one another just as the Lord has forgiven you.

 

============

 

As we sat at the picnic table, someone knocked over a drink into “my” food. I pouted because I was a child. “Forgive” were the words given to me. After some cooling down time, I was able to let it go. After that incident, other people spilled stuff and I easily forgave. One day a bully punched me in the chest so hard I almost passed out.

 

  • I had been attacked so “How am I supposed to forgive?” was my question.
  • I could not fight back, but I wanted something “bad” to happen to the bully.
  • I remembered the words “forgive” and I had to do it, reluctantly.

 

Paul addresses differences of opinions. One person had a way of doing things and another had an opposing way to do the same thing. This raised complaints. He provided a way to resolve the differences. “Forgive one another.”

 

My Observations

  • There seems to be another level of forgiveness GOD wants me to reach.
  • As life goes on, I seem to face a variety of situations and people who need me to forgive.
  • GOD forgave me and wants me to forgive others, even when my complaint is justified.

 

Someone said “Forgive and forget”, but it is the “forget part that trips me up. I mean, I do remember what happened so did I not forgive? Having a good memory does not seem to be the problem. Holding back GOD’s love from someone who hurt me is the problem. Why forgive in the first place?  Because the LORD has forgiven me.

 

HE wants him or her to be forgiven too. HE knows humans will have differences in approach, values and opinions. HE also knows this will cause quarrels. HIS message still needs to be spread to everyone. The only way to spread the message is to drop my “offenses”, “defenses”  and be ready to forgive those who are hard to forgive. I am glad GOD forgave me and teaches me to forgive, little by little.

 

Challenge

  • What complaint does the writer speak about that does not warrant forgiveness?
  • Have you ever been stuck on doing things a certain way and have a difference in opinion that you cannot let go of?
  • Will you take purpose into your relationships and forgive those who may be difficult to forgive?

No comments:

Post a Comment