Monday, September 26, 2022

Peaceful Decisions

Peaceful Decisions

Colossians 3: 15 The peace that Christ gives is to guide you in the decisions you make; for it is to this peace that God has called you together in the one body. And be thankful. 

 

============

 

“You can stay with a demotion or leave with severance” were the strange options placed before me. My performance was impeccable, yet I had two bad options placed in front of me. My entire identity had been placed in that position. Something in me said “I will take you to better places.”

 

  • I was at peace when I heard I could let go.
  • I felt a sense of peace towards those who placed two bad decisions before me.
  • I released the turmoil I had, in exchange for peace.

 

Paul provides advice for those in need of making hard decisions. Tumultuous times and difficult situations, robbed people of peace and bad decisions that would cause more turmoil were the only options. What would be the answer?

 

My Observations

  • True peace can only come from GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to make better decisions so HE gives me peace in the middle of the storm.
  • GOD called me to have and provide peace along with others who seek HIS kingdom.

 

Harassed, worried, sleep deprived minds do not make good decisions. I mean, when I replay the trial I am going through over and over and over, I cannot rest. I think the worst is going to happen and I may make a “snap decision” that brings further regret. I may even start blaming others, which worsens the situation.

 

Decisions made for CHRIST brings peace. Sometimes a peaceful decision is not the most comfortable. It is based on following JESUS, which could be a more difficult road, laced with trials and accolades that are few and far between, if at all. I am grateful for this strange peace that provides me with HIS purpose.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer speaks about “peace?”
  • Have you ever had to make a hard decision that caused you to lose sleep or to spin, thinking about the situation over and over?
  • Will you settle your mind and think on CHRIST who will gladly give you peace in all decisions by asking HIM for the direction you should take today?

No comments:

Post a Comment