Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Strong Roots

Strong Roots

Colossians 2: Since you have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord, live in union with him. Keep your roots deep in him, build your lives on him, and become stronger in your faith, as you were taught. And be filled with thanksgiving.

 

============

 

Shaken at the experience of being robbed, I could not sleep. What if the bad guys are still out there? I started thinking of ways to “protect” myself, but came to the same conclusion each time. I was helpless.

 

  • I felt unsafe.
  • I wondered why things like this happened to me.
  • I felt weak and alone.

 

Paul gives some advice from the LORD. “Since you have accepted CHRIST JESUS as LORD, live in union with HIM.” This message was for preparation versus encouragement. He tells everyone to have deep roots in HIM to face difficult times.

 

My Observations

Unity in CHRIST enables me to go through difficulties with a clear head.

Deep roots in CHRIST brings HIS Word to mind when I need it most.

Building my life on CHRIST gives me a firm foundation that never changes, is always there and does not falter.

 

There are a lot of scary things out there these days. I mean, the fear of the day has humans shifting from one solution to the next. Some problems seem impossible for me to fix. BUT GOD says “I got this!”

 

When I place my total faith in CHRIST, then even the most difficult of circumstances tend to clear up in ways I did not imagine. HE gives me the weapon of “thanksgiving” which slays the enemy of fear, doubt and worry. I am grateful for CHRIST and HIS sacrifice for me.

 

Challenge

  • What does it mean to live in union with CHRIST?
  • What do you think the writer means by “keep your roots deep in HIM?”
  • Will you relook at your circumstance with the foundation of CHRIST so HE will make your faith stronger today?

No comments:

Post a Comment