Friday, September 23, 2022

Multiple Lives

Multiple Lives

Colossians 3: 14 And to all these qualities add love, which binds all things together in perfect unity.

 

============

 

“You have to be tough” is what people told me at work. This was the advice to be “successful.”  “You have to be smooth” is what my “friends” said as we entered bars and clubs. This was advice to get a “hook up.” “”You have to be friendly” or “You have to be punctual” were other words of advice that I tried to be.

 

  • It was exhausting trying to be what everyone else expected me to be.
  • It was hard trying to separate acting one way with one group and another way with the other.
  • I was living multiple lives and at times they conflicted.

 

Paul addressed the conflict that resides in everyone. One part is sinful and the other is of GOD. People may have struggled with the “war within us” and did not know how to keep it together. One part of life would be solid while the other unraveled.  What was the solution?

 

My Observations

  • Love is an eye-opening approach that GOD gave me to help me make better decisions.
  • Adding love to my multiple lives reduces them into one life.
  • GOD is love and wants me to use HIS way in all situations.

 

When my life is falling to pieces, love can keep it together. I mean, I can always depend on GOD loving me when the world does not. GOD’s love is unstoppable and it overcomes every situation I can face.

 

HE wants me to consider love as the glue that holds everything together. Instead of approaching situations with the way the world expects, GOD wants HIS love to be shown. If I “win” everyone else must “win” and the only way to do this is to show HIS love. I am glad HE loved me first.

 

Challenge

  • What is the “perfect unity” the writer speaks about?
  • Do you feel you are living multiple lives?
  • Will you give all your actions, thoughts and concerns to GOD who is love and will provide love to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment