Monday, September 19, 2022

More to Life

More to Life

Colossians 3: You must put to death, then, the earthly desires at work in you, such as sexual immorality, indecency, lust, evil passions, and greed (for greed is a form of idolatry). Because of such things God's anger will come upon those who do not obey him.At one time you yourselves used to live according to such desires, when your life was dominated by them.

 

============

 

No one told me that after “doing it” for the first time, I would constantly crave to “do it” again. Something was awakened inside me that was insatiable at times. We ogled and commented about body parts and soon it became part of my everyday speech.

 

  • My life was dominated and it seemed innocent.
  • I had given up on being “good” so I could have pleasure.
  • I found a crowd who was also dominated by the same thing.

 

Paul says something extremely hard. “You must put to death” were the extreme words he used to get people to change their minds. He never said “sex is bad” or “don’t make a living.” He warns people about an attitude that dominates a person so much, that the well-being of others gets diminished.

 

My Observations

  • GOD gives me another way to look at HIS people.
  • GOD wants me to see all people as HIS child who HE cares for deeply.
  • JESUS gave me a new life that does not have to be dominated by sin.

 

Just having an alternative is freeing. I mean, when I had no alternative but to do sin, life seemed hopeless. BUT GOD gave me a way out. HE placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside me so I could take every thought captive and make it obey CHRIST.

 

Am I successful at controlling “every” thought? No. BUT GOD is pleased that I know HIM. HE does forgive me when I am weak. Forgiveness of sin is not permission to sin. HE knows I will reap what I sow. HE gives me more to life to pursue, namely HIM. I am glad GOD forgives and provides another way to live.

 

Challenge

  • What stands out to you from the writers words?
  • Is there any area of your life that is dominated and possibly out of control?
  • Do you feel too weak to handle it by yourself?
  • Will you praise GOD that HE gives your life purpose and seek HIS kingdom as an alternative to whatever is dominating your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment