Thursday, September 8, 2022

How To

How To

Colossians 2: See to it, then, that no one enslaves you by means of the worthless deceit of human wisdom, which comes from the teachings handed down by human beings and from the ruling spirits of the universe, and not from Christ. For the full content of divine nature lives in Christ, in his humanity, 10 and you have been given full life in union with him. He is supreme over every spiritual ruler and authority.

 

============

 

“Go in and ask for advice” were the words I dreaded. I did not like this particular boss, but somehow he had made it to the level he was. “Read this book” was his advice. I was the leadership book of the day that was useful, but not life changing.

 

  • I got nothing from that experience.
  • I was open to change my life based on a random philosophy.
  • I was focused on “me”, so anything less than getting help for “me” was disappointing.

 

Paul gives a stern warning to avoid the “worthless deceit of human wisdom.” This sounds harsh, especially to those who study and receive degrees or fancy letters behind their name. Paul was not downplaying accomplishments, rather the focus of the philosophy. If a human is exalted and JESUS is not, then the philosophy is worthless.

 

My Observations

  • There have been many times when I wanted to be exalted so I read books, watched videos and attended seminars on “how to” get better, BUT GOD is my only path to true health.
  • I have sought advice on “how to” live better, BUT GOD wants my dependence to be on HIM.
  • I have been in dire straits and would do almost anything to get out of my circumstance, BUT GOD shows me that HE is supreme and is in control of all.

 

“How To” videos are mesmerizing these days. I mean, anyone with a smart phone can record “how to” do something. Unfortunately, some of these recordings contain content that have an inferior philosophy to that of believing in JESUS.

 

Each human wants to be GOD and wants to be in control of his or her own life. GOD wants us to surrender our desires to HIM and allow HIS SON to be exalted amongst all humans. JESUS, lived, died and was raised from the dead. I gladly give all authority in my life to HIM and know HE is in control of all my circumstances.

 

Challenge

  • What do you get from the writer’s warning?
  • Have you ever been so desperate that you would listen to an inferior philosophy from another human?
  • Will you allow GOD to pick you back up so you can clearly hear HIM and follow the HOLY SPIRIT which draws all humans to the FATHER through CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment