Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Domicile Preparation

Domicile Preparation

Colossians 3: 16 Christ's message in all its richness must live in your hearts. Teach and instruct one another with all wisdom. Sing psalms, hymns, and sacred songs; sing to God with thanksgiving in your hearts. 17 Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.

 

============

 

Excited about having my first guest over, I made sure everything was right. I cleaned, washed and got everything ready for my guest. I got rid of that embarrassing smell from rotting veggies left out. I did not have much furniture, but what I had would have to do.

 

  • I was excited to open my doors and let someone in.
  • I wanted to make sure that any guest who came over felt comfortable.
  • I looked for ways to make my guest welcome.

 

After Paul speaks about “CHRIST’s message must live in your hearts” he gives ways to prepare. Teach, sing and give thanks! After doing these things, the heart will be prepared.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s message must live in my heart.
  • To prepare my heart for HIS message I can learn about HIM and teach what I’ve learned.
  • I can also sing psalms, hymns and sacred songs with thanksgiving so HIS message can live comfortably in my heart.

 

GOD wants to come into my life. HE says “I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” I don’t want HIM coming into my filthy heart, but HE doesn’t mind the garbage.

 

In fact, HE would rather I let HIM clean up the mess. Once there, HE makes room for me to hear HIM and learn of HIM. HE loves when I feed HIM songs that praise HIM and ask HIM for HIS protection. I am thankful HE wants to live in my heart and I gladly give HIS message to anyone HE desires.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer emphasizes CHRIST’s message living in your heart?
  • Have you ever been so mad or distracted that you were singing a song and still thinking of the trial?
  • Will you allow GOD to live in your heart so HIS message can be top of mind in everything you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment