Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Created For

Created For

Colossians 1: 15 Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God. He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things. 16 For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him. 

 

============

 

“Mine!” I screamed in my mind. Someone had taken the items off of “my” desk at work. I had gone to the supply cabinet and carefully chosen the items I needed. “Can’t whoever took ‘my’ stuff simply go get their own things!”

 

  • I was frustrated over something “I” had claimed to be mine.
  • I wanted “my” own territory.
  • I had laid claim to something purchased by someone else.

 

Paul is revealed the identity of CHRIST. He explains there is no one greater than JESUS. CHRIST is superior to all created things. Everything in heaven and earth was made through HIM and for HIM.

 

My Observations

  • GOD really, really loves HIS SON and HE made me for HIM out of love.
  • JESUS really, really loves me, so HE decided to die for my sins.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT really, really loves me and the SON, so HE pleas on my behalf and goes where the SON sends HIM.

 

“I made this for YOU” is what I imagine GOD saying to HIS SON. I mean everything was created by JESUS and for JESUS. Unfortunately, one of the created beings, Satan, decided he was going to “be” GOD. This did not go so well for him.

 

He tried to ruin humanity through temptation. We all fell. BUT JESUS did something remarkable. HE allowed HIMSELF to be murdered by HIS own creation and was raised from the dead. HE has all authority over any situation I can encounter. I am glad I am made for HIM and give my life to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Who does the writer focus on?
  • Have you ever thought GOD is supposed to do your bidding?
  • Have you ever pondered what your purpose in life is?
  • Will you know you are specially made for CHRIST and celebrate what HE has done for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment