Friday, August 12, 2022

Faithful Friends

Faithful Friends

Colossians 1: From Paul, who by God's will is an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy—

 

To God's people in Colossae, who are our faithful friends in union with Christ:

May God our Father give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Living in a new city was exciting in the beginning, but after a while, I wanted to do things with people. The small town I was in had different music, food and activities that I was not familiar with. I met people, but something was off.

 

  • I was seeking commonalities from a social perspective.
  • I wanted to have the same ”fun” I had when I walked away from GOD.
  • I was looking for more of the same thing I was used to when I was in college.

 

Paul classifies the people at Colossae as “faithful friends.” This is a group of people who put their faith in CHRIST into action. The commonality was their union in JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • Unity in CHRIST can bring me a wide range of friends.
  • GOD’s will brings me together with people who seek HIS kingdom.
  • My faith in CHRIST unites me with others who are faithful to HIM.

 

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. I place my entire hope in CHRIST as I muddle through this thing called life. When I meet others who feel the same way about CHRIST, we bond in a way that is different from the world.

 

We seek GOD’s kingdom together, facing opposition from those in the world who may have succumb to its seductive pleasures. I am glad GOD enables me to enjoy life while srving HIM and guides me away from forgetting I am HIS.


Challenge

  • What stands out in the writer’s greeting?
  • Have you ever met some “friends” that do not have GOD’s interest in mind?
  • Will you add “faith” in CHRIST to your list of qualities when it comes to choosing friends today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment