Monday, August 22, 2022

No Chance Taken

No Chance Taken

Colossians 1: 13 He rescued us from the power of darkness and brought us safe into the kingdom of his dear Son, 14 by whom we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven.

 

============

 

Wanting to get “my” way, I decided to “try” GOD. I had too many calamities going on and wanted some relief. I decided to act “good” so I took an inventory of what I thought was “bad.” I reduced my sin to no avail. More things were going wrong. “What do YOU want from me?” was my complaint.

 

  • I was trying to manipulate GOD by being good.
  • I thought I was in control of GOD.
  • I used flawed logic by thinking GOD reacts to what I do.

 

Paul continues to explain why we should be thankful for GOD. By belief in JESUS, the FATHER rescued us from the power of darkness, brought us safe into the kingdom of JESUS and set us free by forgiving us of all our sins. GOD did it all.

 

My Observations

  • When I think I have let GOD down by my sins, I must remember, HE forgave me of all my sins.
  • When I think I can manipulate GOD by being “good” I must remember JESUS is the only one who is “good.”
  • When I think GOD doesn’t love me or HE doesn’t care about this particular situation, I must remember, HE rescued me before I was even born.

 

We all want to be in control of our lives. I mean, I try hard to be “good” so things will go well with me. But what happens when I thought I was good and bad things happen anyway? I believe it means “bad things happen anyway and I am still supposed to believe that everything was taken care of for my salvation.

 

GOD did not leave it up to me to save me. HE knew I would not choose HIM, rather I would run after what the world thinks is right. HE made a way for me to be saved by giving us HIS one and only SON. I am glad I am forgiven for all my sins, even the sin of trying to manipulate GOD.

 

Challenge

  • What are the things the writer is pointing out that are worthy of praise?
  • Do you have to “feel” forgiven or know you are forgiven?
  • What does “safe into the kingdom” mean to you?
  • Will you know that GOD loves you dearly and has not taken a chance on losing you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment