Mark 12: 18 Then some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him; and they asked Him, saying: “Teacher, Moses wrote to us that if a man’s brother dies, and leaves his wife behind, and leaves no children, his brother should take his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. Now there were seven brothers. The first took a wife; and dying, he left no offspring. And the second took her, and he died; nor did he leave any offspring. And the third likewise. So the seven had her and left no offspring. Last of all the woman died also. Therefore, in the resurrection, when they rise, whose wife will she be? For all seven had her as wife.”
“It was two guys. One had on a green skull cap” was the best description I could give the police as I witnessed something being tossed from a window during a high speed chase down an alley. My description was not only useless but it was potentially wrong as I was not sure.
- Sometimes I describe things by the way I see them.
- Sometimes the way I see things are through eyes that are covered with doubt and fear.
- Sometimes I can see things the way I want to see things.
Trying to prove there is no resurrection to GOD was as useless as my description of the assailants. Unfortunately that’s what the bible readers were trying to do. The Sadducees were extremely knowledgeable of the bible, yet they did not believe in the resurrection. Therefore their description of GOD and HIS power was in question.
- GOD wants me to know HIS power is infinite.
- GOD wants me to know HE is not the GOD of the dead, but the GOD of the living.
- GOD wants me to know HE is the great I AM.
Dead for years and years, GOD says this “I AM the GOD of Abraham, the GOD of Isaac, and the GOD of Jacob’ which means HE still is. “Before Abraham was, I AM” is what JESUS said at one point, which was to say I AM the GOD you speak of.
JESUS sees when I try to test HIS power by trying to make HIM do my bidding. HE will never bow to me or yield to my tantrum. HE is the great I AM and deserves to be treated as GOD.
- Are you trying to twist scripture to make it fit your comfort?
- Do you think GOD is doing things the wrong way?
- Can you allow GOD to be the great I AM in your life, showing HIS mighty power?