Luke 5: 33 Then they said to Him, “Why do the disciples of John fast often and make prayers, and likewise those of the Pharisees, but Yours eat and drink?”
After hours of work, I felt a sense of accomplishment. I had followed each step meticulously and had finished my entire quota. When someone came by, they asked if I had followed the new procedures. “What new procedures?” I asked. I had to redo everything.
- Sometimes I think I need to work hard in order to please GOD.
- Sometimes I like to see progress with GOD so I follow the rules meticulously.
- Sometimes I believe that when I follow the law, I am closer to GOD and when I break the law I am far away from HIM.
Heart language is very different than head language. In other words there are those who know the rods of the Bible, but not the heart of what is spoken. JESUS proves this over and over as HE explains that HE is the fulfilment of the Old Testament, therefore HIS disciples were indeed following the law by not fasting at that particular time.
- GOD wants me to know “A new commandment that I give to you, that you love one another.”
- GOD wants me to know “Love ME with all your heart and with all your mind.”
- GOD wants me to know “Without love, nothing can be done.”
This new way of thinking that JESUS introduces is more SPIRIT led than legal. The problem is wide interpretations can leave me confused so tend to cling onto the law HE gave in the first place. GOD does not mind me following the law, in fact HE loves when I try.
BUT GOD also desires that I become a new wineskin so I can accept HIS new wine of love for those I would ordinarily hate. The “Good old days” and the “Good old ways” sometimes leave me stuck in judgment of people who GOD simply wants me to love. JESUS is my bridegroom.
- Are you trying your best to follow every letter of the Bible and are feeling exhausted?
- Are you judging others for not following the Bible as you have learned?
- Will you allow GOD to work in others differently than the way HE has you working?
- Will you become a new vessel for HIM to pour new love for others into your heart today?