Luke 2: 33 And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him. Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
“Will you be able to fire a third of our department?” was the question in the interview. “No” was my answer. At one point my ruthless heart would do anything for “the company” but I realized something… these were people.
- One day I woke up and realized there were people around me.
- One day I woke up and saw many people around me that I could serve.
- One day I woke up and understood that I have been put here with a much higher purpose.
Simeon’s final declaration was that JESUS would be the cause of many to fall and many to rise. HE would be the ONE who would reveal the true hearts of humans. How cool is that? Not so cool, because the revelation would be through blindness, pain and death. JESUS needed to do something.
- JESUS has my situation already determined.
- JESUS has my circumstance already taken care of.
- JESUS has my life already planned out and HE has declared victory over eternal death for me.
I have a choice to look at JESUS as my savior. By belief in HIS action, I can be part of the “Rise of many.” HIS power, mercy and grace enables me to have life so when my wicked heart is revealed, it will not be as painful because I acknowledge the need for GOD in my life.
- Are you living your life for “the company?”
- Do you think your project is more important than those GOD has placed around you?
- Can you open your eyes and seek HIS face today so HE can show you your purpose?