Mark 14: 27 Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written:
Giving up the clubbing lifestyle was pretty drastic for me. With my renewed faith, I vowed to leave the “hanging out” scene alone. Weeks passed and I was doing pretty good then one person asked, “Do you want to come out with us?” I was single and there were going to be a bunch of women and booze there. “Yes!” I answered, knowing the crowd.
- There have been times I have tried to be good and failed.
- There have been times when I told GOD, “I am not going to ever do ‘that’ again” and did “that” hours later.
- There have been times when I hid my relationship with CHRIST.
JESUS points out the main reason HE became a human, namely to die for our sins. HE tells the disciples that they would deny HIM just like everyone in the world. HE knew the poison racing through their veins causes every human to sin and there was no exception.
- GOD says to me “I know your ways and I forgive you.”
- GOD says to me “I understand how you were made and I love you.”
- GOD says to me “I know the struggles you go through and I have a wonderful plan for you, plans to grow you for the good of the kingdom.”
In the middle of my sin CHRIST died for me. HE doesn’t stop me from sinning rather HE allows me to go right ahead and sin my brains out and turns right around and says “you are forgiven.” HE then draws me to HIM rather than pushing me away. HE comforts me when I do not deserve comforting and heals me when I make the wounds. My good can never match HIS love for me.
- Do you think you are good?
- Do you beat yourself up for your good being faulty?
- Can you stop thinking you goodness can save you and look to CHRIST who has truly taken care of it all for you?