Mark 9: 38 Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.”
“Would you like some food?” the people asked me as I sat in a hut. This was a gift to me and the team as we finished building shelves for a library. I ate heartily.
- There have been times I have received gifts.
- There have been people who have given me things I did not expect out of the goodness of their heart.
- There have been times I have been served by the people I was supposed to serve.
“They aren’t doing things the way we do things” is the argument placed at JESUS’ feet. JESUS corrects the disciples letting them know other people can serve HIM their way as long as the power comes from GOD.
- JESUS says to me “Love one another as I have loved you.”
- JESUS says to me “A kingdom divided will soon fall.”
- JESUS says to me “Whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in MY name, because you belong to CHRIST, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”
Being humble also means accepting help and being served. At one point in my life, “I” had to do all the serving. GOD has sent many people to serve me who do not look like me or act like me. I am glad HE accepts more people than I can ever understand.
- Are you turning down help because of someone’s music, clothes, hair or skin color?
- Do you think the way someone serves GOD is inferior to the way you serve GOD?
- Can you stop judging and start accepting help from others GOD sends to you?