Mark 2: And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house. Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.
Dressed in my best suit, I went off to church. I observed the behaviors of those around me and thought to myself, “Maybe I should act like them so I can fit in.” One deacon was flirting with many of the women another bragged about his car. A person approached me and said “I like your suit.”
- There were times when I did not know how to follow GOD.
- There were times when I was just guessing about GOD by observing others.
- There were times when my faith was based on the opinions of others.
JESUS saw two hearts in this passage. HE saw the heart of faith that believe in HIM so much that friends tore through someone’s roof just to get to HIM. The friends knew HE was the only hope.
On the other hand, JESUS saw the heart of the church leaders criticizing HIM for claiming to be who HE really was and is, namely GOD. They had a picture in their mind of who the Savior should be, but they were dead wrong!
- GOD wants me to follow HIM without boundaries.
- GOD wants me to follow HIM without pretense.
- GOD wants me to follow HIM without trying to get pats on the back from people.
JESUS showed HIS amazing power over human problems. While the paralytic laid there, helpless JESUS leveraged the faith of his friends to heal him, showing everyone that HE in fact is GOD. JESUS wants me to have total faith in HIM.
- Are you facing incredible problems?
- Does it seem like you are paralyzed and cannot get through to GOD?
- Will you simply ask GOD for help and allow HIM to rescue you HIS way?