Friday, April 19, 2024

Joy May Be Full

Joy May Be Full

2 John 1: 12 Having many things to write to you, I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

13 The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.

 

============

 

Going through life’s trials, I wondered when I could have some peace. It seemed like everything was crashing around me. Something inside me said “Go to church”, but I ignored it. A neighbor who rarely spoke to me asked me if I had been to the church on Anthony street. “Why did she ask me that question?” I asked myself. I went and felt joy!

 

  • My problems were still there, but I felt better.
  • I felt all alone at first, but for a moment, I felt I was part of a family.
  • I had a lot to learn about how to fill the empty space in my heart.

 

John concludes his second letter with anticipation. He expressed excitement by saying he has a lot to talk about, but he would rather do it face to face. He knew that by meeting together, he would bring good news and so would they. Joy would be made full.

 

My Observations:

  • Joy is far greater than happiness, because it can be present when problems are there.
  • Gathering with people who seek GOD’s SON can bring me joy, and I can bring joy to them.
  • GOD enjoys when I seek HIS kingdom and HE fills my heart with joy.

 

Joy keeps my hope strong. I mean, when life deals out its vicious, poisonous blows, I can withstand them with joy. But where does joy come from? GOD! HE is the owner of joy and is ready to hand it out in plentiful portions. HE knows you and I have an adversary who wants to steal our joy and turn against GOD and one another. BUT GOD has an answer.

 

JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to be the Comforter who resides in me. HE puts out the fire that I am facing with joy. HE leads me to calm places, similar to still waters and HE restores my emotional state so I can have clarity to not blame GOD and to love those around me who may be struggling too. I am glad GOD owns joy and is read to give it to you and me in full.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writer is excited about?
  • Have you ever felt better even though your problems remained?
  • Will you ask GOD for joy over happiness so you can face many difficult situations life may throw at you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment