Monday, April 29, 2024

Priorities Addressed

Priorities Addressed

Jude 1: My dear friends, I was doing my best to write to you about the salvation we share in common, when I felt the need of writing at once to encourage you to fight on for the faith which once and for all God has given to his people. For some godless people have slipped in unnoticed among us, persons who distort the message about the grace of our God in order to excuse their immoral ways, and who reject Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord. Long ago the Scriptures predicted the condemnation they have received.

 

============

 

After planning and making several trips back and forth to the hardware store, I finished installing my sprinkler / irrigation system. I was excited and as I began to program watering times, clouds gathered. These clouds were darker than usual. Suddenly, tornado sirens sounded! But instead of rushing into the house, I finished setting my sprinkler system. The tornado touched down two blocks over. I should have gone inside.

 

  • Another priority came up that needed to be addressed immediately, but I ignored it.
  • A danger that threatened life arose and I did not take heed.
  • A warning was clearly given for me to take action, and I kept doing what I was doing.

 

Jude, human brother of JESUS, begins his letter with a strong warning. At first he was going to write about salvation. This topic, while extremely important, was put aside to address a more immediate problem, namely false teaching. He was aware of what people were saying about JESUS by those who pretended to be part of HIM but were not.

 

My Observations:

  • Many people mention the name of JESUS who do not believe the HE is GOD who became a human to die for the sins of humanity and was raised from the dead.
  • Those who do not believe, provide solutions that keeps him or her doing things that do not please GOD, trying to justify their actions using GOD’s name.
  • GOD sees my heart and wants me to fight for my faith to make sure I am not influenced by those who oppose HIM.

 

False teachers look like real teachers. I mean, when half truths are told and omissions take place, its hard to tell false teachers from real teachers. BUT GOD knows and HE is ready to point them out.

 

GOD sees the heart and know who is for HIM or against HIM.HE knew liars would talk about HIS SON in a negative way, yet HE allowed HIM to die on the cross for you and me. False teachers do not want to surrender their lives to this teaching, instead he or she add philosophies that may oppose CHRIST. I am glad GOD protects you and me form those who pretend to love GOD.

 

Challenge:

  • Why does the writer change the topic?
  • Have you ever heard something that sounded true enough to be credible, like commercials, yet were false?
  • Will you seek a relationship with JESUS by reading the Bible, HIS Word, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment