Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Help Along the Trip

Help Along the Trip

3 John 1: My dear friend, you are so faithful in the work you do for other Christians, even when they are strangers. They have spoken to the church here about your love. Please help them to continue their trip in a way that will please God. For they set out on their trip in the service of Christ without accepting any help from unbelievers. We Christians, then, must help these people, so that we may share in their work for the truth.

 

============

 

Riding on a bus / van in another country, my expectations were minimal. We were not there as tourists, rather to work as missionaries. The bus broke down in a populated area. So this was an opportunity to get out and street-witness. We spoke to the people about CHRIST and some prayed to believe in HIM. Meanwhile, other people helped fix the bus for us.

 

  • I did not know what to expect.
  • Staying focused on doing what GOD wanted me to do helped me not focus on the broken down bus.
  • We received help along the trip several other times.

 

John praises Gaius for his faithfulness. Gaius had created a good reputation that was known throughout the area. John encouraged Gaius to seek other believers who need help in their “trip” so all would share in the work for the truth.

 

My Observations:

  • My life is a journey that could include GOD or not.
  • The more I seek the world, the less I seek GOD.
  • At some point in my life, I had to see that GOD wanted more out of HIS relationship with me.

 

Realizing that I am a creation that was made for GOD’s purpose was a surprise to me. I mean, at one point, I thought life was either a random collection of events or that life was a pleasure cruise and GOD was the waiter. In both cases I was wrong. GOD created you and me to be with HIM in a loving relationship.

 

HIS love is not tainted with sin, but yours and mine is. We can sometimes see GOD as a problem to our pleasure and want to get out of life’s tumultuous ocean and back on the pleasure cruise set up by the enemy. Meanwhile, GOD blesses those who remain in the ocean with boats of safety to help along this trip called life. I am glad GOD has plenty of people who believe and are eager to serve!

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer hear about the reputation?
  • Do you have a reputation that is associated helping believers in CHRIST to serve others?
  • Will you give more of your life over to GOD so HE can help people believe in HIS SON as the answers to their struggles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment