Tuesday, April 2, 2024

We are Sure

We are Sure

1 John 4: 13 We are sure that we live in union with God and that he lives in union with us, because he has given us his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and tell others that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If we declare that Jesus is the Son of God, we live in union with God and God lives in union with us. 16 And we ourselves know and believe the love which God has for us.

 

============

 

“Are you sure?” was the seemingly undermining question that knocked me down. I had a theory that something could work, but no experience. The question easily exposed my inexperience and my theory was brushed off by others.

 

  • I was not sure that my theory would work.
  • I was not convincing to anyone because I was unsure.
  • I had no evidence that my theory would work.

 

John seems like he was addressing insecurity. He may have seen believers who showed faith, only to be met with trouble and difficulties. Some people may have felt discouraged. John provided  a way to have assurance regarding a relationship with GOD. “Declare that JESUS is the SON of GOD.”

 

My Observations:

  • Difficult times blind me to the truth that GOD loves me dearly.
  • GOD provided the remedy to all my troubles, namely believe in JESUS with all my heart.
  • Saying the words “JESUS is the SON of GOD” to someone solidifies my relationship with GOD so I can have assurance.

 

“There is power in the name of JESUS” was what some folks used to say and sing. I can see that. Just saying HIS name is powerful. But believing in my heart and turning my life over to HIM is very different.

 

Usually when I feel unsure about my relationship with GOD is when things are going wrong or I have blatantly sinned and it can no longer be hidden. I start thinking GOD thinks less of me. I could not be further from the truth. I am glad GOD loves me in spite of my sins so I am ready to declare JESUS is the SON of GOD!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer emphasize “telling” people that “JESUS is the SON of GOD?”
  • When you are sure about something small like directions, are you afraid to tell strangers or are you confident?
  • Will you increase your confidence in your relationship with GOD by declaring that JESUS is the SON of GOD to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment