Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Knowing How to Ask

Knowing How to Ask

1 John 5: 13 I am writing this to you so that you may know that you have eternal life—you that believe in the Son of God. 14 We have courage in God's presence, because we are sure that he hears us if we ask him for anything that is according to his will. 15 He hears us whenever we ask him; and since we know this is true, we know also that he gives us what we ask from him.

 

============

 

“Can I go outside?” was my innocent question “No, it’s about to rain” was the decline. “Can I use the car?” “No, you don’t have your driver’s license yet.” “Can I have time off?” was the question I asked my boss later in life. “No, the company is in a state of emergency and we need everyone.” “Why does ‘everybody’ tell me NO!?

 

  • I was tired of hearing NO for an answer.
  • I was tired of not getting “my” way.
  • I was tired of having to ask for stuff!

 

John addressed those who had needs. He first provided comfort to those who believe in JESUS as the Savior, by telling them they have eternal life. But what about life on earth? He addressed that to by saying “HE hears us if we ask HIM for anything that is according to HIS will.”

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is sovereign and has the right to hear all of my requests and can say “Yes”, “No” or “Not Right Now.”
  • GOD wants to help me be part of HIS plan.
  • My requests work best when they align with GOD’s will.

 

Asking GOD for anything does not mean I will get everything. I mean, if I were to ask for something sinful, HE will say “No.” He will then guide me to grow up and ask HIM “What do YOU want?”

 

GOD gets excited when I try to align with HIS will. HE sees my efforts to do what pleases HIM, namely seeking the lost and serving my neighbors. HE cam to seek and to serve, so should I. I am glad GOD hears and answers my prayers with a “Yes” when I align to HIS good and perfect will.

 

Challenge:

  • Why does the writer mention courage?
  • Have you ever wanted something that you knew was not good for you?
  • Will you align your request to GOD’s will and seek what HE wants today?

No comments:

Post a Comment