Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Live In

 

Live In

2 John 1: How happy I was to find that some of your children live in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And so I ask you, dear Lady: let us all love one another. This is no new command I am writing you; it is the command which we have had from the beginning. This love I speak of means that we must live in obedience to God's commands. The command, as you have all heard from the beginning, is that you must all live in love.

 

============

 

“Once you join the group, you have to follow the rules” a group leader said. I wanted to be part of the prestigious group so I did everything the group said. Once inside I became an ambassador for the group, taunting people to join and to be like “us.”

 

  • I was totally invested in the group.
  • I believed in the group so much, that I talked about the group’s decisions all the time.
  • I even thought the group was the answer to some problems people were having in life.

 

John expressed the excitement of seeing “some” people living in the truth of GOD. He could see their lives were different than others because they took GOD’s words to heart and were loving one another. They were no longer living outside of GOD’s love.

 

My Observations:

  • I may try to leave GOD, BUT HE will never leave me.
  • GOD loves when I live in HIS truth and obey what HE says in HIS word, which is the Bible.
  • Obedience to GOD requires that I surrender my life to HIM which gives me more freedom than I thought.

 

At one time I thought GOD was a restrainer who couldn’t wait to punish me. I mean, isn’t the Bible a list of rules that hypocrites use to control people? No! GOD revealed HIS love and spoke to many writers to reveal HIS SON, JESUS as the Savior from blindness of HIM.

 

Sin caused all humans to be blind to GOD’s love and we needed help. JESUS took our punishment and sent the HOLY SPIRIT to open the wyes of believers. This causes you and me to be able to “live in” the truth, obedience and love. I am glad GOD made a way.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer used the words “some of your children?”
  • Have you ever wanted to be part of an organization, so you learned the rules and stuck to them?
  • Will you take whatever battles you are creating and surrender them to GOD so you can live in HIS truth, by obeying HIS commands so you can live in HIS love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment