Monday, April 1, 2024

Changed Perspective

 

Changed Perspective

1 John 4: 11 Dear friends, if this is how God loved us, then we should love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in union with us, and his love is made perfect in us.

 

============

 

Working hard was not getting me anywhere. My evaluations said I was “good at my job” but when I asked for a promotion, they said I was not “ready.” “What did they mean?” I asked a mentor. He said, “You have to become the company.?” In other words, I had to fully believe in the company.

 

  • I had to eat, drink and sleep the company values.
  • I had to fully indoctrinate myself in the company, its people and messages.
  • I had to be around the people who would pull me up and place me in high positions; and it worked!

 

 

John spent time explaining that GOD is pure love and that HE showed HIS love by giving the world the gift of HIS SON as their Savior. John then implies that because of GOD’s behavior, our perspective on what is important should change. He suggests that if we love one another, then GOD’s love will be made perfect.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD loves HIS creation and wants us to love each other.
  • GOD loved us so much that HE gave us HIS most valuable gift, namely HIS SON.
  • GOD raised JESUS from the dead and wants to do the same for you and me, so HE commands that we love one another through belief in JESUS.

 

Not knowing what true love is can be difficult. I mean, the world has a view that is contrary to GOD’s view. HIS definition of love is that JESUS volunteered to become a human and die for mankind. HE agreed and watched HIS son be lied upon and murdered. HE raised HIM from the dead. The world does not value this viewpoint and defines love in ways that could have people focus on something less perfect.

 

JESUS wanted perfection. HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside you and me so that GOD’s love can be made perfect. HE guides us to seek one another, serve one another and love one another. I am glad GOD loves you and me so much that HE gave us HIS all.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer express the importance of living in union with GOD?
  • Have you ever mimicked someone, to the point where you sound like him or her?
  • Will you change your perspective on life and view GOD’s love as valuable enough to mimic, so HIS love can be made perfect in you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment