Monday, April 8, 2024

Expectations Met

Expectations Met

1 John 5: Jesus Christ is the one who came with the water of his baptism and the blood of his death. He came not only with the water, but with both the water and the blood. And the Spirit himself testifies that this is true, because the Spirit is truth. There are three witnesses: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and all three give the same testimony. We believe human testimony; but God's testimony is much stronger, and he has given this testimony about his Son. 

 

============

 

Sitting in driver’s school, I looked at my watch all day! It seemed like the hours moved as days as the instructor warned all of us speeders about the dangers of driving fast. I had to check in at the beginning of the class and then check out at the end.

 

  • I was sentenced to serve eight hours for my speeding.
  • I was required to take the driver’s class.
  • I needed an official witness that I took the class in order for the speeding ticket to not count against me.

 

John addressed something that people are still looking for to this very day, namely a person who can fix the mess humans are in. Poverty, sickness, violence and other problems seemed to grow, removing all hope. John addressed the fact the JESUS is the Messiah, the Savior of the world. Humans witnessed HIS baptism, but only HE experienced death and the SPIRIT testifies that HE met the criteria, GOD was looking for.

 

My Observations:

  • Satan’s pride caused him to get kicked out of heaven, and he introduced sin into the world by tricking Adam and Eve into performing an seemingly innocent sin.
  • All of humanity became sinners through Adam and Eve and needed a sinless Savior.
  • JESUS became a human, who never once sinned, who was baptized and murdered by HIS creation, but was raised from the dead by the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

Human witnesses are good, BUT GOD’s witness is the ultimate. I mean, humans can provide a witness to something and still be wrong or possibly have a sinful motive behind his or her witness. BUT GOD’s witness is pure and contains no sin.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT witnessed JESUS’s death and raised HIM from the dead. This act redeemed all humans who believe in the need of salvation. HIS resurrection was enough to meet GOD’s expectations. I am glad GOD supplied everything I needed to remove my sentence and to become redeemed by HIS SON.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer point out about JESUS?
  • Have you ever pondered why did HE have to go through all of the pain and suffering?
  • Will you see GOD’s love in JESUS’s actions by surrendering your life to HIM and by knowing that all expectations of you have been met, simply by believing in what HE has done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment