Friday, April 5, 2024

Who can defeat the world?

Who can defeat the world?

1 John 5: Whoever believes that Jesus is the Messiah is a child of God; and whoever loves a father loves his child also. This is how we know that we love God's children: it is by loving God and obeying his commands. For our love for God means that we obey his commands. And his commands are not too hard for us, because every child of God is able to defeat the world. And we win the victory over the world by means of our faith. Who can defeat the world? Only the person who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

 

============

 

Winning the most coveted award in the company made me feel great! Conversely, being told “Your position has been eliminated” was devastating. I had wrapped my entire identity in work. When I had to face other parts of the world, I no longer had my title to lean on.

 

  • I felt beat up by the world.
  • I thought that the world was helpful, until it turned against me.
  • I felt that I lost my “purpose” that was given to me by the world.

 

John turned his attention to defining what true victory looks like. He first spoke about what true success looks like. He mentioned the grand prize of being a child of GOD. He then defines how GOD’s children should act, namely with love and obedience to GOD. He then defines the battle. Believers against the world.

 

My Observations:

  • The world has a lot to offer that could distract me from believing in GOD.
  • Fighting the world sometimes feels overwhelming.
  • GOD sent HIS SON to defeat the world, and HE did, so I need to place my trust in HIM so I can experience HIS victory!

 

Life has many ups and downs and the world thinks it has remedies. I mean, the solutions from the world usually appeal to my eyes, pride, and physical indulgences. BUT GOD wants more than that for me. JESUS was tempted by food, power and physical preservation.

 

HE experienced pain and suffering. HE knew about loneliness as well as persecution. HE did all of this to overcome the world so I would not have to. Any problem I face, HE knows and is empathetic. I am glad JESUS understands me and has defeated the world so I can have life through HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What answer does the writer give to the question “Who can defeat the world?”
  • Are all of your solutions to life’s problems from the internet?
  • Will you seek a relationship with JESUS, who defeated the powers of this world, so HE could save you and me to join in HIS plan to save all today?

No comments:

Post a Comment