Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Finding the Source

Finding the Source

1 John 5: 10 So those who believe in the Son of God have this testimony in their own heart; but those who do not believe God, have made a liar of him, because they have not believed what God has said about his Son. 11 The testimony is this: God has given us eternal life, and this life has its source in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has this life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

 

============

 

After returning from the hardware store for the third time, I was frustrated. I was trying to fix an electrical outlet, but my efforts were not working. I bought and returned two outlets, but neither of them were working. “Did you check to see if you are getting power to the outlet” the guy asked at the hardware store. While obvious, I just assumed it should have been connected. It wasn’t.

 

  • My assumptions were wrong and would not fix the problem.
  • My approach to the solution was wrong because it was based on a bad assumption.
  • I was never going to make the outlet work, because it was not connected to the power source.

 

John clarifies eternal life. He makes it as plain as possible. “Whoever has the SON, has life; whoever does not have the SON of GOD does not have life.”

 

My Observations:

  • Eternal life begins with this life.
  • GOD made all beings eternal, however, some will eternally be separated from HIM and those who believe in HIS SON will eternally be inside of HIM.
  • Eternal life is precious to GOD, so I must treat this life as special to HIM as well.

 

Scoffing at heaven or life after death or JESUS being the only way to have eternal life can be problematic. I mean, when I questioned the very existence of GOD, I was left without answered, only theories by, what humans called ‘smart people’, that could not be proven. BUT GOD had a clear way that made sense.

 

GOD, being made of pure love, not only created humans, HE became one and died for all sins so that those who believe in HIM may not perish, but have everlasting life. HIS actions were based on love for you and me. JESUS, who is GOD sis this out of love. The FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT, painfully agreed so that you and I would not be lost. I gladly believe the JESUS loves me to this very day.

 

Challenge

  • What is the testimony the writer speaks about?
  • Have you ever wondered what happens to you and others when we die?
  • Will you believe in JESUS as your Savior from being eternally separated from GOD and feeling pain, to being eternally with GOD and having no pain, no problems and no tears forever?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment