Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Not Robbed

Not Robbed

2 John 1: Many deceivers have gone out over the world, people who do not acknowledge that Jesus Christ came as a human being. Such a person is a deceiver and the Enemy of Christ. Be on your guard, then, so that you will not lose what we have worked for, but will receive your reward in full.

 

============

 

“Why is he being so nice to me?” was the thought running through my mind. Usually this thug would bully me and this conversation was unexpected. It was cold outside and I had on my snorkel coat. I looked around and saw his goons giggling. Turns out, they were practicing picking my coat pocket.

 

  • I was distracted by the conversation.
  • I was being robbed because I was distracted.
  • I was a prime target because I wasn’t paying attention.

 

John gets right down to business in this very short letter. He wanted to address deception that had become plentiful. People were not acknowledging that JESUS came as a human to be murdered by HIS creation and be raised from the dead. A person who speaks against this is a deceiver.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD wants me to be as wise as the serpent like worldly people, but as harmless as a dove.
  • Believers will receive a full reward, simply by believing that JESUS died and rose from the dead.
  • The reward for my belief is an eternity of peace, no problems and no pain.

 

Being deceived can rob me. I mean, in the past when I have been deceived, it wasted time, money and effort. “I could have done things differently” is usually the regretful thought I have had after realizing I have been deceived. It’s a bad feeling.

 

GOD does not want me to have regrets. HE wants me to choose HIM versus being forced to love HIM. When I choose to believe in HIS love, I experience HIS amazing grace. I am glad I receive HIS reward in full, simply by believing in JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • Who does the writer say is a deceiver?
  • Have you ever been deceived?
  • Will you “be on your guard” by believing that JESUS is GOD and HE became a human to save you and me, and HE was murdered by humans to be raised from the dead to pay for your sins and mine today?

No comments:

Post a Comment