Thursday, April 25, 2024

Friendships

Friendships

3 John 1: 13 I have so much to tell you, but I do not want to do it with pen and ink. 14 I hope to see you soon, and then we will talk personally.

15 Peace be with you.

All your friends send greetings. Greet all our friends personally.

 

============

 

After spending all day with a friend, I got home and heard a song playing on the radio. I immediately picked up the phone and called my friend. “Weren’t you two together all day? What more do you have to say?” were the questions asked to me.

 

I couldn’t explain my excitement.

I enjoyed people who would share in my excitement, and I theirs.

It felt good to be understood.

 

John closes his letter with a burst of friendship. He seemed eager to have a conversation rather than trying to contain all of his thoughts in a letter. He wanted to listen to his friend as well as tell what is going on in his world.

 

My Observations:

  • Friendships based on GOD’s love help others to endure life’s pain.
  • Solutions from friends who know the LORD enable me to be corrected as well as encouraged.
  • Excitement about what GOD is doing can be heard from friends who seek JESUS as the Savior.

 

Work friends and organization friends are different. I mean, I have kept in touch with people who I met because we were forced together by the job or the group. These “friendships” enable me to have conversations that are safe. BUT GOD provides friends who can talk about HIM in meaningful ways.

 

Purpose driven people need encouragement, shared excitement and the bonds of going through the fire together. Those who place their purpose in the world may not be able to share in the understanding of the importance of having purpose in CHRIST. When you and I find people who are willing to pray for us, encourage us and share joy with us, our bonds grow stronger. I am grateful for my friends who call JESUS our LORD and Savior.

 

Challenge

  • Can you feel the excitement from the writer?
  • Have you ever had friends who could encourage you and share in your dreams the way GOD gave it to you?
  • Will you be a friend to someone who needs encouragement, GOD’s way, and help those who seek HIM by sharing in joy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment