Monday, September 23, 2019

Controversy


John 10: 17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

19 Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings. 20 And many of them said, “He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to Him?”

21 Others said, “These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

============

One person came up to me with a story about “that” person. The claims they made were pretty serious. Another person came up to me in “that” person’s defense, giving me another side of the story. I had a controversial decision to make without all of the information.

  • There have been times when I placed in the middle of controversy.
  • There have been times when people tried to sway me to one “side” or another.
  • There have been times when two opposing crowds were trying to get their way and wanted me to be the deciding factor.


JESUS says some extreme words that caused controversy. HE told everyone that HIS FATHER, GOD, loves HIM because HE chose to die to save all of humanity. Then HE said HE has the power to become alive again. This created a huge division among the Jews.

  • GOD wants me to choose this day whom I will serve.
  • GOD wants me to take the less popular route and choose HIM.
  • GOD wants me to accept the controversy by believing that JESUS is GOD, who became a human, died for my sins and was raised from the dead to regain all power.


Belief in JESUS is very controversial, especially in the days of the “knowledge” by looking something up with technology. Every action GOD does can be explained away by some human observation. BUT GOD refuses to be explained away.

HE seeks me, guides me and shows me HIS power in unconventional ways. HIS power is vast and ways unknown. HE speaks life to those HE chooses. HE enables me to bear fruit. Anyone who opposes HIM will not bear fruit, but breed prideful exclamations that point to themselves. I am glad HE chose me to be on HIS side.

  • Where is GOD in your life?
  • Is GOD second to your knowledge?
  • Can you flip your expertise and place it under GOD?
  • Will you become controversial and believe in JESUS, allowing HIM to speak through you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment