Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Roots


Roots
John 9: 35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

============

After the third promotion I could see the top getting a bit closer. Nervous about the trail, I resorted to listening to lines from some cheesy movie. “You are the master” are the words I remembered, to give me confidence. “You can do this!” I went in and got the promotion. I was invincible! Or so I thought.

  • There were times when I had a lot of “self-confidence.”
  • There were times when I believed in myself and “my” abilities.
  • There were times when I thought “I” accomplished a lot.


JESUS reveals HE is GOD to the man HE healed of blindness. HE then asks “Do you believe in the SON of GOD?” The man says “Yes!” The church leaders, who were very confident in their titles, asked “Are we blind?” They knew the Bible thoroughly and mentioned GOD regularly. They could not “see” their blindness.

  • GOD wants me to only have confidence in HIS abilities.
  • GOD wants me place my trust in HIS abilities, motives and methods.
  • GOD wants me to admit I am blind and need HIM every second of every day.


Forgetting that GOD raised me up from very meager roots led to my blindness. I foolishly believed that it was “my” talents that raised me up to where I got to. My ego was deflated when it was all taken away. GOD showed me just how blind I had gotten. I forgot to give HIM credit for the little things as well as the large.

GOD is in control of everything, no matter what humans think. All trust needs to be placed in JESUS for only HE knows the true plan. GOD is my master, in HIM I place my trust.

  • Are you over confident in your abilities?
  • Do you suffer from lack of confidence because you think you lack abilities?
  • Will you remember where you came from and believe GOD made you exactly as HE wanted so you can serve HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment