Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Silence Problem


Silence Problem

John 10: 22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”
============
“Please, please, please start” I begged the car. It was not the time for this to happen. When I turned the key, I heard nothing. I was supposed to hear the usual engine noise, but this time, nothing. The silence was heartbreaking.
  • Silence, when I’m expecting noise. is usually a bad thing.
  • Silence, when I’m expecting to hear from someone. can make me nervous.
  • Silence, when I’m expecting the comfort of good news, can make me worry.
The congregation and the church leaders surrounded JESUS, expecting HIM to say something worthy of “their” discipline. JESUS implies they could have heard who HE is, simply by looking at HIS works. HE healed a blind man and they tried to kill HIM. They refused to hear that JESUS is GOD, and that was the problem.
  • GOD wants me to hear HIM daily.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom daily.
  • GOD wants me to listen to HIS small, still voice daily.
When I do not hear GOD, there is a problem. I mean, I may mention GOD or even attend church, but there are times when I am lot listening to HIM. GOD wants me to listen to HIM and do what HE says to do. Usually it means loving those who are difficult to love or serving those who will never say thank-you.
GOD speaks to me through the HOYL SPIRIT, enlightening me with HIS word. I find it hard to complain about what someone is doing or not doing when I listen to GOD.HE led me back to HIM and HE can do the same for “that” person. GOD speaks words of love. I am grateful.
  • Can you hear GOD?
  • What is HE saying to you?
  • Will you listen to HIM and go seek HIS kingdom, not for your gain, but for HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment