Tuesday, September 10, 2019

What is the purpose?


John 9:When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”

Some said, “This is he.” Others said, “He is like him.”

He said, “I am he.

10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”

11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”

12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?”

He said, “I do not know.”

============

“That’s it! I’ve had enough!” I exclaimed. Problems had multiplied and I was alone. Having nowhere to turn, I decided to get on my knees and pray. It had been a while, but I did not know what to do. Before I prayed, I recalled my own words. “What’s the purpose of going to church?” Then I remembered incriminating the hypocrites who taught and preached. I wasn’t worshiping GOD.

  • There was a time when I questioned the power of GOD.
  • There was a time when I dared GOD to do HIS worst to me.
  • There was a time when I doubted GOD’s love for me and power over my life.


JESUS spat on the ground and made clay to put over the blind man’s eyes. HE then “sent” him to the pool named “Sent” to wash off the clay. The blind man did so and was healed. But why the theatrics? Couldn’t JESUS just touch him and heal him? Yes, but there was a purpose.

  • JESUS wants me to know there is a purpose for everything that I go through.
  • JESUS wants me to understand that there is a reason I go through problems.
  • JESUS wants me to acknowledge HIS power and seek HIM for the rest of my life.


Nowadays we label things as “birth defects.” BUT GOD may label it as a showing of HIS power. HE healed one person and thousands, if not millions, believed in HIS power. We still read this story today and get hope.

JESUS had a purpose for this person being healed after decades of living with the problem. HE could show everyone that HE is in control of physical ailments and long lasting problems. HE gave the town hope. I place my hope in JESUS.

  • Are you questioning GOD?
  • Do you question the “purpose” of HIS decisions?
  • Will you stop doubting GOD based on your little knowledge of HIM and ask HIM to grow your faith so you can trust HIM more and more?  


No comments:

Post a Comment