Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Total View


Total View
John 10: 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” 39 Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand.

============

Angry at the situation, I scheduled a meeting with my boss’s boss. I was tired of my boss snooping around my desk, looking for ideas to steal and call his own. I voiced my frustrations and left. Later, I found out that my boss and my boss’s boss, were friends. I was now in trouble.

  • There were times when I did not have the total picture.
  • There were times when I did not see danger coming.
  • There were times when I did not have enough information to make a decision.


The entire congregation, especially the leaders, were furious at JESUS. HE clearly called HIMSELF GOD and they labeled HIM a blasphemer. Unfortunately for them, they did not have the total view of the situation. They were gravely wrong.

  • JESUS reveals HIMSELF to me through HIS word.
  • JESUS shows me all I need to know in order to live an abundant life.
  • JESUS discloses HIS will to me by giving me HIS Scripture.


“Scripture cannot be broken” is what caught my eye. This means GOD spoke specific words that HE wanted authors to write down. These words are binding and humans will be held accountable to them.

Since some of the words can be taken out of context, GOD wants me to see the total view of what HE has revealed. HE revealed that one day HE would return to collect those who believe in HIM. HE also said that while I wait for that day, the COMFORTER would be here with me. I seek the total view of JESUS.

  • Are you living your life on a couple of scriptures you like?
  • Are there parts of Scripture that you don’t agree with, so you discount their meaning?
  • Will you seek the total revelation of GOD so you can live an abundant life for HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment