Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Turn Down the Sound


John 8: 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

============

With the feeling of guilt, I got into my car. I knew what I had done was wrong and I felt bad about it. I rationalized my sin by saying, “Well, it’s not like I’m murdering someone or doing drugs”. In order to drown out the guilt, I turned up the music. “Ah, that’s better” I said to myself. I wonder how long I can distract myself with music? The next day, my peers congratulated me because they too were doing the same.

  • There were times when I did not want to be guilty.
  • There were times when I wanted to turn up the noise in order to drown out my guilt.
  • There were times when I tried to fill my life with the noise of being busy so I would not have to listen to what I was supposed to.


JESUS tells the church leaders “Your father is the devil, who lies all the time.” Being a strong group, they probably talked to each other, justifying their hatred towards JESUS. Their hearts were too hard to hear GOD, but they could hear each other.

  • GOD wants me to be quiet sometimes so I can listen to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM what HE wants me to do before I make my decisions.
  • GOD wants me to give my guilt to HIM by confessing my sin, rather than hiding from HIM and adding noise to my life.


Meeting GOD head on is what HE wants from me. HE wants me to not hide in my guilt, rather give it to HIM to do as HE pleases. The more I ignore GOD, the harder my heart gets. Soon, I would not be able to hear HIM at all. BUT GOD steps in. HE orchestrates circumstances in my life that require me to listen to HIM. I am grateful HE cares for me.

  • Are you trying to ignore GOD so you can do what you want to do?
  • Do you avoid studying GOD so you won’t have to know your guilt?
  • Will you stop looking at other people and look at your own guilt so you can confess to GOD and allow HIM to cleanse you of all unrighteousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment