Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Following the Rules


Jon 9: 13 They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees. 14 Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. 15 Then the Pharisees also asked him again how he had received his sight. He said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see.”

16 Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.”

Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?” And there was a division among them.

============

“You cannot leave the table until you finish your food” was the rule imposed on me. The problem was, I hated most food at that stage in my life. “How do I get the food off of my plate without it going into my mouth?” was the question I pondered. The answer came to me. I was sitting on a chair with pillows. I lifted up the pillow and shoveled the food under it. Rule followed!

  • There were times when I interpreted the rule to my advantage.
  • There were times when I did not enjoy the rule so I figured out ways to get around it without breaking it.
  • There were times when I felt the rule held me hostage and I had no delight in the rule.


Blind from birth, a man was healed by JESUS. This awesome demonstration of power was met with contempt by the church leaders. Blindly, they overlooked the obvious facts that JESUS was and is GOD, by accusing HIM of doing work on the Sabbath. JESUS encroached on their lifestyle by showing compassion on their day off.

  • GOD wants me to look at HIS rules as a guide to bring people to CHRIST.
  • GOD wants me to use HIS rules as freedom rather than bondage for those HE wants me to bring to CHRIST.
  • GOD wants me to drop my insecurities, doubts and fears so I can have my spiritual eyes opened to follow HIS rules with love.


GOD did not make humans so HE could torture them with rules they could not follow. HE made humans, knowing they would sin. The rules were made as a map back to the right path, which is JESUS, the CHRIST. If I interpret the rule in a way to “get around it” then I will remain lost. I am grateful GOD’s word is a way back to HIM.

  • Are you lost?
  • Are you making GOD’s word fit “under” your education or human observations?
  • Will you place GOD’s word higher than what you learn so you can see HIS power and love daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment