Thursday, September 26, 2019

Spreading Good News


John 10: 40 And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was baptizing at first, and there He stayed. 41 Then many came to Him and said, “John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true.” 42 And many believed in Him there.

============

“Tell your department that they have an extra bonus this year” were the words I was glad to pass on. In fact I was so excited that I dreamed of unique ways to deliver the message. After the spree of wild ideas passed, I settled on a simple lunch celebration. Everyone was excited and they went home and told others.

  • When I have good news I get excited.
  • When I have good news I cannot wait to tell many people.
  • When I have good news I think of who I can share it with and I tell them, hoping they will tell other people.


JESUS went to where John was baptizing. John’s message was unique and full of GOD, unlike the church leaders who were trying to kill JESUS. John dedicated his life to tell people they can have hope. He told many about JESUS before HE arrived. The crowd believed.

  • JESUS wants me to tell people a simple message.
  • JESUS wants me to let people know they can place all their hope in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to be excited about telling people that HE has forgiven me for all my sins and HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to comfort me when I have doubts, fears and worries.


What great news! I mean JESUS saw through every sin that I ever did and chose me anyway. HE told me HE loves me, when humans cannot muster up those words. HE knows my faults and doesn’t constantly blame me with bitter retorts. HE then says to me “I forgave you, now go, do the same so others will come to ME.” I am excited to spread the Good News of hope in JESUS!

  • Are you excited about JESUS?
  • Do you remember when you accepted HIM as your Savior?
  • Will you recall the excitement about GOD so you can tell people to place their hope in JESUS today?


No comments:

Post a Comment