Thursday, September 5, 2019

Honor


John 8: 48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50 And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51 Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”

============

“Let’s go in this store and laugh at the clothes” I suggested to my friend. We pretended to be customers and picked up, what we felt were outlandish, clothes to place in front of us. “I can were this to the prom and the gym at the same time” I said in ridicule. The salesperson was offended. “You don’t know clothes!” was my response to being asked to leave.

  • My past insults may not have been honorable.
  • My past ridicule may not have been uplifting or encouraging.
  • My past thoughts of what would be a good idea may not have been good idea.


The Jewish church leaders began insulting JESUS with their questions. They questioned HIM being a Jew and they questioned HIS relationship with GOD. “Aren’t YOU a Samaritan and don’t YOU have a demon?” They asked slanderously. JESUS replied “You dishonor ME”

  • GOD wants me to honor HIM with my belief.
  • GOD wants me to honor HIM with my worship.
  • GOD wants me to honor HIM with my trust in HIM and HIM alone.


JESUS is GOD, whom shall I fear. HE is the One who seeks and judges through the FATHER. HE writes my name in HIS Book of Life because I believe I need HIM. Many times I have questioned HIS authority and many times HE has forgiven me for doing so. HE has grace enough to accept the few times I actually honor HIM with praise. I thank YOU LORD for YOUR grace!

  • How are you dishonoring GOD?
  • Do you question HIS authority to execute HIS plan HE has for you?
  • Will honor GOD by listening to HIM and seeking those only you can reach?



No comments:

Post a Comment