Friday, September 13, 2019

Assumptive Knowledge


John 9: 24 So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, “Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner.”

25 He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”

============

It was time to visit a college so I asked everyone to get in the car. I used someone else’s GPS to put in the directions and began driving. After a long while, something seemed wrong. “Let me see that GPS” I said. The volume was down and it was not connected to the car. For over an hour, I did not hear the messages to turn around. I just knew I had done everything right!

  • Sometimes my assumptions are wrong.
  • Sometimes my assumptions may lead me in the wrong direction.
  • Sometimes my assumptions can cost something precious.


We know that this Man is a sinner” the church leaders assumed about JESUS. They assumed HE was some random guy trying to get their power. They loved their power over the people and would never let anyone threaten their position. They used the name “GOD” but assumed it was not JESUS.

  • JESUS wants me to know HE is GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE loves me.
  • JESUS wants me to know HE is the only one who can save me eternally.


My assumptions about GOD can be wrong at times. I mean when things are not going so well, I may assume HE does not love me. I may also assume I can manipulate GOD by trying to be good after I sinned. GOD is bigger than my sinful actions HIS grace is sufficient to save me and forgive me. I no longer have to assume. I know GOD is for me.

  • Do you feel GOD is against you?
  • Do you think HE finds pleasure in your pain?
  • Will you stop your assumptive thinking and know GOD is the only solution to your problem?


No comments:

Post a Comment