Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Be Different


John 10: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

============

Seeing the professor compliment one of the students made me glad I did not go first. I quickly adjusted my speech to sound like theirs. I figured that would get me extra points. I gave my speech and it seemed like the excitement went out of the room. “Thanks” was all I got. I asked for feedback. “You sounded like everyone else”, was the response.

  • There were times when I wanted to be safe with what I said.
  • There were times when I wanted everyone to agree with what I said.
  • There were times when I wanted to fit in, so I said what “they” said.


JESUS had just told the church leaders they were blind. They taught what they felt the people wanted to hear. Eventually they got a large following that increased their power. They spoke about GOD, but not about JESUS being GOD. JESUS then says “But the sheep will know the Shepherd’s voice.”

  • JESUS says to me “Speak about MY kingdom.”
  • JESUS says to me “Bring people to ME and I will guide them.”
  • JESUS says to me “Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME.”


Loving yet offensive, is the message of JESUS. I mean HIS word offends everyone because they have to admit they are a sinner. It makes me say “I am wrong and need help that I cannot get from a human.” This offends those who love religions, programs and especially those who have all the answers.

GOD is the only answer and JESUS is the only way. HIS message is so simple that people walk away from it, thinking it has no power. BUT GOD says be different. HE wants me to tell people I am a weak sinner, but I have hope. This hope comes from JESUS. I am grateful for HIS vast power.

  • What do you sound like in public?
  • Do you sound and act like the world?
  • Will you dare to be different and admit “your” sins to people so they will feel comfortable admitting their sins?
  • Will you lift JESUS up to where HE should be when you talk about solutions today?


No comments:

Post a Comment