Monday, September 30, 2019

Guided Light


John 11: Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was. Then after this He said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.”

The disciples said to Him, “Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?”

Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. 10 But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.” 11 These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.”

============

“Let’s go to this party, it’s going to be wild” someone suggested. For some reason, I did not go this time. I was partied out and was trying to graduate. “No thanks” was my strange reply. Everyone knew I would be there.

The next day, I got a report that a fight broke out and a drunk football player, wielding an ax, hit someone in the arm. They added “but it was the blunt side that he used.”

  • Looking back, there were events I am glad I did not attend.
  • Looking back, there were groups I am glad I did not hang with.
  • Looking back, there were situations that I am glad I did not get into.


Heading into danger, JESUS tells HIS disciples that HE had to go back to Judea. Knowing the church members would stone HIM, the disciples gave a stern warning. JESUS explained what guided HIM.

  • GOD wants me to be led by the SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to have a purpose for my life.
  • GOD wants me to see HE has a plan for my life that is greater than any plan a human can ever dream of.


“Half the time it is day where people can see” JESUS explains. HE used this analogy to explain living a life of purpose. Being guided by the “light” means I an enlightened by GOD to do the things HE wants me to do, otherwise I would be guided into meaningless or sinful places.

When my life is over, GOD will look at everything I have done. HE wants me to have some moments where HE values what I have done and will call it “fruit.” I am glad HE leads me to serve.

  • What guides you?
  • Are jobs, entertainment, lust or pleasure on the top of your mind most of the time?
  • Will you allow GOD to enlighten you so you can be led by the HOLY SPIRIT today?


No comments:

Post a Comment