Friday, September 27, 2019

Part of something bigger


John 11: Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.”

When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”

============

“Five A.M.?” I questioned. I failed to see the purpose of getting up that early to run, so I did not join the college track team. “Weekly meetings?” I questioned. I wanted a bit more relaxation in my life so I did not join a group to accelerate promotions in the company. I mean, I was already driving over an hour just to get to entry level position.

  • Many times I question something that seems painful to me.
  • Many times I weigh the pain against the benefits to determine if “this” is useful.
  • Many times I use my limited experiences to question what is going on around me.


Lazarus was extremely sick. Mary and Martha sent for JESUS, knowing HE could heal him. Lazarus was a close friend of JESUS so why did he have to become sick in the first place? The entire family “believed” HE was and is GOD, so why the calamity?

  • JESUS says to me “You are part of something bigger when you believe in ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “These things have to happen so I may be glorified through it.”
  • JESUS says to me “Do not grow weary, for your suffering leads to perseverance.”


Questioning GOD’s motive and reason for pain is quite natural. Unfortunately, sometimes I think GOD is a sadistic scientist, using humans as lab rats to see the outcome. BUT GOD forgives my loathsome thinking. HE opens my eyes to HIS love, generosity and mercy towards me.

HE knows HIS fight is not against me, but against the deceiver. HE threw Satan to this earth and cursed the planet, and everything on it, and around it. This was a policy that could not be taken back. HE then died for my sins, just to redeem me. I am now part of the redemption story.

  • How do you view GOD?
  • Do you feel you cannot trust HIM because you do not see how HE can handle your situation?
  • Will you stop looking through human lenses and let GOD handle your situation so HE may be glorified?



No comments:

Post a Comment