Thursday, September 19, 2019

Protection


John 10: Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

============

Wanting to be the top in my industry fed my drive. Long hours and missing family events became the norm as I pursued, what I thought was, abundance. “I’m doing this for the family” I rationalized as the pressure from being on top continued to wear on me. It was three A.M. and I was awake, thinking about work.

  • My previous pursuits made me worry.
  • My previous pursuits made me lose sleep.
  • My previous pursuits made me leave friends and family only to feel pressure to deliver.


JESUS continues to reveal who HE is in this passage. HE explains why HE came, but first, HE explains something important. JESUS talked about thieves and robbers who come to steal, kill and destroy. HE was speaking to the church leaders and those who oppress and exploit people.

  • JESUS wants to protect me from my desires that may get in the way of my relationship with HIM.
  • JESUS wants to protect me from things that rob me of HIS love.
  • JESUS wants to protect me from worries, fears and doubts so I can have abundant life.


“I AM the door” is a strong statement that JESUS gave us. HE tells me that “No one can get you away from ME if you believe in ME.” HE says this to give me “abundant life.” A life where I can find peace and rest in HIM. But the worries of life rob me of this abundance and sometimes kills my relationships because of my pursuits.

GOD sees my futile attempts to hold onto my life and whispers “let go.” “Let ME have your life and I will give you abundance you have never known.” When I let go, GOD always comes through with abundance. I love HIS peace.

  • Are you full of complaints and discontent over life?
  • Do you feel you have little?
  • Will you ask GOD to open your eyes to the abundance of life HE has given you?
  • Will you change your thinking about what “true” abundance is and allow HIM to use you to bring an “abundant” amount of people to HIM through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment