Monday, September 9, 2019

As long as I am here


As long as I am here
John 9: Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

============

Holding my breath, I sped into the greasy, urine laced bathroom. It was the only option. On my way out, I remembered the words of one of the leader’s at work… “Leave a place better than you found it.” I looked at the overflowing garbage and knew I could not do anything about it. Instead, I cleaned the greasy sink as I washed my hands.

  • Sometimes the situations that I face are really undesirable.
  • Sometimes the solution that I come up with may be small.
  • Sometimes I have to do something as long as I am here.


“Why is this man blind?” JESUS disciples questioned. They were on the right track because they believed everything stemmed from a spiritual nature. “Did he sin or his parents?” JESUS guides their thinking and provided the root cause of the blindness. “So GOD can should be revealed in him.”

  • GOD wants me to serve HIM while I am alive.
  • GOD wants me to serve others as long as I am living.
  • GOD wants me to make the place a little better as long as I am in the world.


Solving poverty, abuse, neglect, pollution, crime, racism, and sexual misconduct seem overwhelming at times. Any one of those sins could have me dedicate my entire life trying to eradicate them from humans. BUT GOD gives me a different view.

HE wants me to see each person I encounter as unique. I can confess a variety sins I have done and explain how JESUS forgave them all. I can then spread HIS hope of an eternal future that only comes from HIM. As long as I am in the world, I may as well serve the Living GOD.

  • What do you do daily?
  • Why has GOD left you alive?
  • Will you live your life for HIM, even if it is a smile or a word of encouragement to a stranger today?

No comments:

Post a Comment