Friday, September 6, 2019

True Greatness


John 8: 52 Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’ 53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?”

54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

============

JESUS declares that HE was the one who gave Moses the laws and the ten commandments by saying “Before Abraham was, I AM.” This infuriated the church leaders because they refused to bow down to HIM as their king. JESUS was saying HE has the power over death which was given to HIM by the FATHER.

  • GOD wants me to give HIM more credit than I normally do.
  • GOD wants me to see that HE is involved in every facet of my life.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE controls everything and has thrown Satan to earth.


Underestimating who JESUS is, was the church leader’s big mistake. I make this mistake often with people. I mean when I mistreat someone or overlook the throw away people, I am underestimating those GOD wants me to serve. This is just like the Pharisees.

  • JESUS wants me to see HIS greatness so I can tell others about HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize HIS power to save me and those who also believe in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to accept that HE is the GREAT I AM.


JESUS was and is forever. HE was and is all powerful. HE was and is all seeing, all knowing and is everywhere. I serve the Living GOD.

  • Who is JESUS to you?
  • Do you think HE has forgotten you?
  • Will you allow the Great I AM to take you to places you never dreamed of?


No comments:

Post a Comment