Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Cannot Be Stopped


Acts 4: Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.

============


“Grow people and take the high road” were words I placed in my heart as I led an organization. One person approached me and said “We are going to get rid of you and those who support you and I will wipe that smile off of your face.” I could see their efforts to put pressure on me increasing. I prayed “LORD, protect me.” One day they approached me and said “We are going to let you go.” Wait, I prayed. What happened?

  • There were times when I prayed and expected GOD to do what I thought HE should do.
  • There were times when I prayed against those who were doing wrong and it seemed like they won anyway.
  • There were times when I prayed and it seemed like GOD just ignored the prayer and let those who were doing wrong, have their way.


The church leaders, who had JESUS killed to protect their wealth and status, saw the people getting excited about HIM. They figured they would put a stop to this by arresting the disciples. But it was too late. The people believed wholeheartedly in JESUS, never to return to religious bondage.

  • GOD wants me to see HIM at work even when people are against me.
  • GOD wants me to see HE is in control when people are confronting me for serving HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS SON has won the war and the battle, even when it feels like I am losing.


GOD’s power cannot be stopped. HIS salvation cannot be stolen, even though sometimes it looks like the enemy is winning the battle and the war. BUT GOD steps in and saves. HIS love is a fire that cannot be put out.

After being released from that job, I wondered what I would do. Shortly after, many people from the old position called, asking for advice and prayer. I could be used to point people to GOD now more than before. GOD sustained me and grew my faith in HIM. I am grateful for the things HE puts me though so I can see HIM all the more.

  • Are you going through a situation even though you have honestly been serving the LORD?
  • Are people, who call themselves Christians, persecuting you instead of celebrating your service to the LORD?
  • Will you praise GOD and serve HIM anyway, knowing HE hears you and is excited about what you are doing for JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment